Olive is now 30 lbs (50th percentile) and 38 inches (75th percentile). She gained 5 pounds and grew over 3 inches this year. Here are her stats from year one and two. Again, at one-year-old I described Olive as having a lot of personality...and she still does! She is very emotional. When she is in a good mood, she is giggly and sweet. She loves showing off and talking to strangers. When she is in a bad mood- watch out! She is extremely strong-willed and sometimes personifies the expression "bite off your nose to spite your face," although it is usually "to spite Mama." But the terrible twos are over, right?!
This year Olive learned to count to 20, name most of the letters, dress herself, and most importantly...she is daytime AND nighttime potty trained!! Oh, it wasn't easy- I've got stories! Olive loves to listen to books and flip through pages on her own. It doesn't even seem like she is paying attention, but she just soaks up information. By being in the same room while I work on sight words with Hannah, Olive has memorized words herself and will read them if Hannah pauses (much to Hannah's irritation)! And more big news: we haven't been to the doctor AT ALL for breathing treatments since she stopped going to preschool in May.
What I love about Olive:
I love how much Olive loves Hannah. Although she is very independent, Olive will do just about anything Hannah wants her to do. I love listening to their conversations. They are best friends. I love how Olive is smart, cute, and feisty. I love how she hugs me at random times.
What Steve loves about Olive:
I love how sweet she can be. I love how she stands up for herself.
What Hannah loves about Olive:
She plays with me. She's my little sister.
What Olive thinks about herself:
I yike to pay with Annah.
Olive's Favorite as a Three-year-old:
foods: chicken, turkey, hamburger, green beans, all fruits
drinks: chocolate milk and apple juice
song: ABCs
books: Berenstain Bears, Pinkalicious
TV shows: Team Umizoomi, Olivia
toys: baby dolls, tricycle, blocks, iPad
activities: DRESS UP, reading, painting, crafts
saying: "I don't want to play that game!" "Ewwwww!"
least favorite thing: getting her hair brushed
No comments:
Post a Comment