5.15.2012

Mother's Day

After being spoiled at school for Teacher Appreciation Week, I got spoiled by my family for Mother's Day.  Since Steve's mom is on vacation and my mom is coming to our house to babysit in a week, we decided to stay in KC.  I must admit, I was happy to stay put.  I awoke to breakfast, a present, and a banner (it's an Arrested Development joke).  Steve colored in family, Hannah did love, and Olive did Mama (with lots of help).  I was very impressed with Hannah's coloring.  She told me the "O" needed more black.
 
I chose the art museum as our activity of the day.
 
I especially wanted to see this sculpture "Ferment" after watching a documentary about it on PBS.  Yes, I'm a nerd.  I taught Hannah to say dendroid.  We ate a picnic lunch beside the sculpture.
 
I am in love with my girls' smiles.  I think Hannah has a beautiful Mona Lisa smile,


and Olive has a super cute dimple smile.  Look at those teeth!
 

I wanted a picture of us for Mother's Day.  We never got a really good one, but the silly ones are fun, too.
  

 


 
Olive was really interested in looking around the museum.  She pointed to things and didn't complain about the stroller at all.  The guard statue in the background was my favorite piece in the museum when I was little.    I'm a little sad they moved it from the contemporary section.  Now you can't get up close to it.
 
 
 
 
After naps, we went to Ingredient for dinner.  I think I had the best burger and fries of my life.  The girls dined on peanut butter and banana sandwiches.  I think its my new favorite restaurant.
 
The best part was playing in the water fountains.

Then we decided to head over to Leawood Park.
 
 
 
The perfect day ended with Hannah trying to chase down some hot air balloons.
 

1 comment:

McGuire Family Blog said...

LOVE THE BANNER. Best hubby ever.

O is so beautiful! She is getting so big!